Monday, April 18, 2011

T minus 5 days

It's Monday, and there's so much preparation that remains.  I've one more day at work to go and the enormity of that still hasn't hit me.  There were a few patients today that got me to thinking that come Wednesday, I will not have a job to go to.  For the first time in my life, I will be "between jobs". It's a little scary.  I really don't know quite what to expect.  Clearly all this preparation for the bike trip has absorbed what little mental energies I have at this point.  My next to final package arrived from Amazon today.  A larger saddlebag, and some socks.  Two days ago, I packed my suitcase and backpack with all of the suggested items and discovered that I was a mere 20# overweight.  I ended up ditching the suitcase and ordered a duffel, which should arrive tomorrow from Amazon, which will save me 10#.  The remainder will be made up by shipping some supplemental food items, (bars, blocks, recovery drink) ahead.  I've got about 3 lists going in the house of items not to forget. I will soon need to start a list to keep track of my lists.   Last night, I was in a panic because I couldn't find my toenail clippers.  They're in the house somewhere.  I have some confidence that they'll turn up.  If not, it will be another trip to Walgreens. 

-Grinner

No comments:

Post a Comment